I'm Kalyan Dutia, a data scientist interested in applied NLP and open data.
At the moment I'm building tools for better climate policymaking at Climate Policy Radar.
Previously I built a machine learning framework to turn museum collections into linked knowledge graphs with the Science Museum and the V&A. I've also worked on NLP and chatbots at IBM.
Some things I've done
- Built a number of demos showing the potential of knowledge graphs for museums.
- Wrote blog posts on history and AI, and knowledge graphs, machine learning and heritage collections.
- Wrote a peer reviewed paper on building linked open data from museum collections using machine learning.
- Gave talks on a technical overview of the Heritage Connector project, combining NER and knowledge graphs and linking geo-data through test and play.
- Built an open-source Python library for creating an Elasticsearch index from a Wikidata data dump.